If i got a minor in possession of alcohol in Lancaster County, NE and i want to take diversion but my court date is tomorrow..

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lincoln, NE

Is it still possible for me to take diversion?

1. Bell Island

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . You should contact the diverson program at the County Attorney's Office and see if they will still alllow you to enroll. You may have to pay the court fees for filing, but they may allow you to enroll. You may even want to ask them about entering diversion at the arraignment.

2. Brendan Michael Kelly

Pro

1

1

Answered . You would likely need to hire a lawyer. We generally try to avoid the court by seeking diversion prior to the court date. I would suggest you hire an attorney to appear with you. Happy to offer a free consultation, but I'm in Omaha. You can call 402-455-1711 to see if we can set a time to talk.

3. Ashley Lee Albertsen

1

1

Answered . You can ask the County Attorney for diversion. Generally it helps if you have an attorney, but if you cannot hire one right now go in and ask for the diversion. If the county attorney says no then I would recommend at least having an initial appointment with an attorney to see what your other options are.