If i got a minor in possession of alcohol in Lancaster County, NE and i want to take diversion but my court date is tomorrow..

Asked about 2 years ago - Lincoln, NE

Is it still possible for me to take diversion?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Bell Island

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You should contact the diverson program at the County Attorney's Office and see if they will still alllow you to enroll. You may have to pay the court fees for filing, but they may allow you to enroll. You may even want to ask them about entering diversion at the arraignment.

  2. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You would likely need to hire a lawyer. We generally try to avoid the court by seeking diversion prior to the court date. I would suggest you hire an attorney to appear with you. Happy to offer a free consultation, but I'm in Omaha. You can call 402-455-1711 to see if we can set a time to talk.

  3. Ashley Lee Albertsen

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . You can ask the County Attorney for diversion. Generally it helps if you have an attorney, but if you cannot hire one right now go in and ask for the diversion. If the county attorney says no then I would recommend at least having an initial appointment with an attorney to see what your other options are.

    I am a licensed attorney in the state of Nebraska. However, the advice I give here is not to be taken as legal... more

Related Topics

Criminal charges

Criminal charges are formal accusations in court that someone has committed a crime. Criminal charges have many classifications and degrees of severity.

Criminal charges for underage drinking

Underage drinking is when a person under 21 years old drinks alcohol. Minors who possess alcohol but haven't drunk any can be charged with minor in possession.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,166 answers this week

2,943 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,166 answers this week

2,943 attorneys answering