If I got a drug warrant how to get rid of it without going to jail

Atlanta, GA |

i got a warrant but when i was arrested, the officer walked up and just searched me with no reason

I assume that you are talking about an arrest warrant. If that is the case, unfortunately, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to avoid getting arrested. If it is the type of case that is on the county's bond list you should line up your bond (either through bondsmen, cash or property bond) and turn yourself in. Depending on the charge, the Superior Court may have to set the bond. If that is the case, you need to get a lawyer to help get the date set as early as possible. Either way, it is best to turn yourself into the jail. As to the search for no reason, you definitely need a lawyer to assist with filing the appropriate motion.

You can't. Hire a lawyer and answer the warrant.

That is called a search incident to arrest, an exception to the search warrant requirement. To have the best chance of avoiding jail, hire the best lawyer you can afford, and follow his/her advice. Quickly.

Answers to questions on this web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. Unless you and Troy W. Marsh, Jr. have signed a written contract, Troy W. Marsh, Jr. is not your attorney, and you are not his client. www.marshlaw1.com troy@marshlaw1.com

You likely can't avoid going to court. Get an attorney to represent you in court and let him/her protect your rights and see if they can prevent you from serving time.

Once a warrant is issued it has to be satisfied, and this requires you going to jail. certain things can be done to speed up your release such as hiring a bondsman, and having them go to jail with you. The officer can, and will, search you when you get arrested. It is called search incident to arrest.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

If they arrested and processed you then you likely posted bond and then you missed your court date. When you missed your court date, a warrant was likely issued and no bond was given. I would find a lawyer familiar with the jurisdiction where the warrant was issued. You have not provided enough information for a complete answer on this website. Depending on the severity of the drug charge, your record, and/or the reason the warrant was issued several different outcomes are possible.