If i give up my legal rights of my son, can his father give parental rights to his new wife?

Asked over 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

I currently have shared legal rights but my ex has full custody. I asked my ex to drop the child support against me, to which he said yes. in exchange he wants to add is new wife to be a parental gardian. (i do not have a problem with this). The papers the laywer wrote up is saying that i would be giving up all my parental legal rights and would still maintain my visitaions. If i did that, would he be able to revoke my visitation rights in the future without cause?In addition, would he then be able to add his new wife without my consent?

1. Marakay Jessica Rogers

Answered . I suspect that what he is actually trying to do is to get you to voluntarily terminate your parental rights so that his wife, who is the stepparent, can adopt your child. If that is the case, then yes, he would be able to revoke visitation rights. If the child is adopted, she would legally be the child's parent and you would not.

I would be very leery of this, and would speak to an attorney immediately before signing anything.