If I get turn myself in or get arrested on a Thursday or Friday for MTR will I have to wait till Monday for any thing to happen?

Edgewood, TX |

Does everything come to a halt on Friday. And will I just be sitting in jail, without the hours counting?

Never surrender on a Thursday or Friday. Asssuming you have a bond lined up you won't get out until Monday at the earliest. Weekends don't count in calculating the time from arrest to arraignment which must be 48-72 hours generally.

In Texas, you get credit for all time you are sitting in jail waiting on a motion to revoke your probation except in some instances regarding state jail cases. Different courts handle their dockets in different ways. Most courts try to have the accused appear within 48 hours of arrest. Some courts have docekts just for MTR, just for discovery motions, just for trial, just for pleas, etc.

Cynthia is correct...If possible, you should try to make a non arrest bond so you do not have to wait in jail for your court date.