If I get a traffic ticket and get supervision and complete it successfully, does it still show up on my driving record?

Asked 8 months ago - Chicago, IL

1. Ted Harvatin

Pro

4

Best Answer

Answered . On the court purposes record, yes. on the public abstract no.

2. Martin Samuel Lascola

Pro

4

Answered . As Mr. Harvatin stated, Court Supervision sentences are entered onto the "Court Purposes" driving abstract for every motorist. This record has limited access as it available to you, and the government (prosecutors and police). If a member of the general public were to order a driving abstract for you, they would only have access to a "Public Record" driving abstract and this record will not show any dispositions of Court Supervision. Traffic convictions, however, will appear on both "Court Purposes" and "Public Record" driving abstracts. Keep in mind that Court Supervision is NOT a conviction, and is defined as such in the Illinois Criminal Code.

3. Nils P. Wyosnick

Pro

3

1

Answered . Yes, your Illinois driver's abstract will reflect that you received a sentence of supervision. It is always a good idea to consult with an attorney about the consequences any traffic offense might have on your driving privileges.

4. Jeremiah Steven Harter

Pro

Answered . Yes, but on your Court Purposes Abstract.