If I get a ticket for no insurance and In someone else car that had no insurance can i us my full coverage insurance to cover

Was driving a car that had no insurance

Montgomery, AL -

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

Personal Injury Lawyer - New York, NY

You should consider going to traffic court on the scheduled date with a copy of the registration and insurance card for your car; explain to the court that you were not the owner of the vehicle you were driving when you got the ticket, having only borrowed it - was not aware that there was no insurance on that vehicl and show proof of your own insurance (which would have covered you even if involved in an accident with the other car). There is a good chance, although not a guarantee, the judge will dismiss the ticket.

Sean P. Wickens

Sean P. Wickens

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Tacoma, WA

Usually, no. However, you may want to talk to your insurance agent to find out whether your car insurance covers you in any car that you are driving.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Retain a local traffic court lawyer to fight the ticket.

Olga V. Blotnis

Olga V. Blotnis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tukwila, WA

You should be able to; however, It depends on your insurance policy if it covers "replacement" vehicles. I would talk to a local attorney who handles tickets, to see if the fact that you had insurance on that day is enough to get your ticket dismissed.

Cameron Lee Hogan

Cameron Lee Hogan

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Birmingham, AL

In Alabama, the liability coverage follows the vehicle insured, while UM coverage follows the insured individuals. The ticket is valid, but you may be able to get the municipal judge to understand if you go up and explain the situation. If you do that, I would advise you bring an attorney with you and be ready to show proof of insurance.

Lars A. Lundeen

Lars A. Lundeen

Personal Injury Lawyer - Rutland, VT

If you have your own car liability insurance, that protects you. Report any accident to your carrier immediately.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.