Skip to main content

If I get a paid lawyer is it a possibility that I wont get put on probation for driving on a suspended license?

Covington, GA |

This is my very first time ever being arrested. I am really trying to keep from being on probation

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Best answer

    Yes, it is possible. More importantly, based on the facts of the case, you would want your lawyer to look into potentially having the case reduced or amended to a charge that carries no license suspension.

  2. Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the judge, the prosecutor and whether or not you are able to get your license reinstated before court.

  3. Yes, we can usually work out a resolution that will not involve probation as long as you can pay your fine up front.

  4. It'll depend on the facts of your case, including why your license was suspended, what your reason was for driving, what your driving history looks like, and who your prosecutor is. I've seen these cases reduced down to a minor traffic violation, with no probation, and I've also seen a lot of people get jail time. You'll need to talk with a lawyer to find out what category your case might fall into. Most of us offer free consultations, so make a few calls and you should be able to get a better feel for your situation without too much trouble.

  5. Yes. Also, you may have several defenses to this charge you are not aware of. In either event, the best thing you can do to help yourself out is make sure you reinstate your driver's license before going to court.

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

  6. It is possible. You should hire an attorney that specializes in criminal law in your area to discuss possible defenses, possible outcomes, and, most importantly, to negotiate on your behalf.

Traffic tickets topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics