If I get a paid lawyer is it a possibility that I wont get put on probation for driving on a suspended license?

Asked 11 months ago - Covington, GA

This is my very first time ever being arrested. I am really trying to keep from being on probation

1. Justin Spizman

Pro

7

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, it is possible. More importantly, based on the facts of the case, you would want your lawyer to look into potentially having the case reduced or amended to a charge that carries no license suspension.

2. Kevin Aaron Chastine

Pro

6

1

Answered . It'll depend on the facts of your case, including why your license was suspended, what your reason was for driving, what your driving history looks like, and who your prosecutor is. I've seen these cases reduced down to a minor traffic violation, with no probation, and I've also seen a lot of people get jail time. You'll need to talk with a lawyer to find out what category your case might fall into. Most of us offer free consultations, so make a few calls and you should be able to get a better feel for your situation without too much trouble.

3. Benjamin David Goldberg

Pro

6

Answered . Yes, it's possible, but it will depend on the judge, the prosecutor and whether or not you are able to get your license reinstated before court.

4. Zachary Walter Procter

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, we can usually work out a resolution that will not involve probation as long as you can pay your fine up front.

5. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

5

Answered . Yes. Also, you may have several defenses to this charge you are not aware of. In either event, the best thing you can do to help yourself out is make sure you reinstate your driver's license before going to court.

6. Lindsey Jordan Share

3

Answered . It is possible. You should hire an attorney that specializes in criminal law in your area to discuss possible defenses, possible outcomes, and, most importantly, to negotiate on your behalf.