If I get a divorce will my husband get half of my 401K and IRA?

Asked about 4 years ago - Reynoldsburg, OH

What is my right as a wife if my husband was dishonest to me regarding his credit card... I have trust him all my life... I work full time for many ears... I pay all our bills that we accumulate for all the years that we have been together with our money... and I make more money that he does but that is not the issue... all I wanted is for him to tell me and be honest with me but he is not... and now I don't think I can trust him anymore !!! I don't know what to do since I can not trust him anymore...he always tells me before that my 401K and IRA is his money too!!!What to do? please give me advice...is divorce an option?

1. Joseph Carmen Patituce

Pro

Answered . If you have reached the conclusion that divorce is right, and best for you, then you need to immediately speak with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your divorce case. You need to act immediately to protect yourself, and if you have any, your children.

Courts will look at assets such as a 401K, house, cars, and even credit card debt to determine which person from the divorce will get what property.

It is important that you speak with an attorney right away to discuss the specific issues to your case, your attorney can better advise you on what steps you should take.