If I gave my ex boyfriend pictures of me for him only . Is it legal for him to use in a escort ad with out my consent in Mesa Az

Tempe, AZ |

I gave pictures to my ex boyfriend over 2 years ago and he used it in a escort ad without my knowledge when i found out i told him take it off then he was arrested for pandering. They thought I was involved because we were in a relationship at the time and they gave me one year of probation. Now he is out and I find my pictures in more escort ads with his phone number and e-mail as a contact . One more time I did not know or did I give my consent

This question seems to touch on your right of publicity to those pictures; most states do not allow another to make commercial use of your image without your consent. In addition, his posting of these pictures in an "escort ad", by which I presume you mean an advertisement for "call-girl" services is defamatory if you did not consent to this use. I would speak with an attorney in Arizona.

Good luck!

This answer is not a substitute for professional legal advice. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is it a solicitation to offer legal advice. If you ignore this warning and convey confidential information in a private message or comment, there is no duty to keep that information confidential or forego representation adverse to your interests. Seek the advice of a licensed attorney in the appropriate jurisdiction before taking any action that may affect your rights. If you believe you have a claim against someone, consult an attorney immediately, otherwise there is a risk that the time allotted to bring your claim may expire.

The other concern I would have is the possibility of you once again getting swept up in his criminal activity. I agree you should consult a local attorney.

Find an attorney in Tempe. There are two aspects. One is his unpermitted use, and as my colleagues have noted, you gave no permission to use images you own. The other is that you are now no doubt on the police "radar." Brief your attorney on the situation so your attorney is prepared to act quickly in case you are contacted by the police. IF contacted, refer them to your attorney and, of course, say nothing at all.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

Internet law topics

Recommended articles about Internet law