If I formed my LLC in October of 2012, do I need to pay LLC fee for the year of 2012? Or just 2013, at the time of tax filing?

LLC formed October 2012. Initial tax return in February 2013, with LLC tax fee payment for 2013.

Pleasanton, CA -

Demosthenis Zeppos

Demosthenis Zeppos

Business Attorney - Irvine, CA

Yes. You have to pay the $800 tax for 2012 on 4th month of following year. April 15 2013

Dana Howard Shultz

Dana Howard Shultz

Business Attorney - Oakland, CA

You need to pay the $800 fee for 2012.

You could have avoided that fee if you had formed the LLC on December 17 or later. Please see the post at the link below.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
John Noah Kitta

John Noah Kitta

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Fremont, CA

The State of California does not prorate your minimum tax payment of $800.00 per year, so yes, you have to pay the $800.00 for 2012.

I hope this is helpful.

John N. Kitta
Fremont

Janet Spiro Martin

Janet Spiro Martin

Business Attorney - Mission Viejo, CA

You ALSO need to pay the $800 fee for 2013 on April 15th as CA requires this minimum tax due for current year by April 15th!

The foregoing is for informational purposes only and may not be relied on as attorney-client advice.