If I formed my llc after Dec. 15, 2012 to avoid the franchise tax in california this year, would I have to pay it in Jan. 2013?

Salinas, CA |
Filed under: Tax law

If i were to file Jan 2, 2013 would I be able to avoid the franchise tax for the 2013 year?

Nope. Sorry. You'll still end up having to pay the tax.

Evan A. Nielsen
1255 W. Colton Ave., #506 | Redlands, CA 92374
Main: 909.363.4658 | Fax: 480.304.3211
Evan.Nielsen@NielsenLawGroup.net
www.NielsenLawGroup.net

Mention this Post for a free consultation.

Evan A. Nielsen is licensed to practice law in California. The information provided here is for educational purposes only and is not intended as legal advice for a particular matter. This response does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult an attorney.

Yes

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be provided after consultation by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. The answer to question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation. Mr. Smith is licensed to practice law throughout the state of California with offices in Los Angeles County. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States, and is also licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court. His phone number is 323-292-4116 or his email address is philsmithjr@worldclasslawyers.com.

You still have to pay.

Our replies to Avvo questions should not be considered specific legal advice to any individual, and no attorney-client relationship is formed with you. Our aim is to provide general principles that may be useful to the Avvo community as a whole. You should seek individual legal advice pertaining to your specific factual situation, and the laws applicable to your jurisdiction. Moore & Moore Attorneys at Law -- thelaw@mytrustedlawyer.com

Filing in early January 2012 will not prevent you from paying the franchise tax for the 2012 year.

Tax law topics