If i find a phone and sell it,can i be arrested bc my teacher is pressing charges bc the phone i found was hers and i sold it

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

She is saying that it was stolen from her bag but i found it outside and it is an iphone so i sold it so i could get money now she is pressing charges

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . You can be arrested.... you had an obigation to try and return it or turn it in. Hire a criminal defense lawyer.

2. Eric Sanders

Answered . Well, I am assuming you are a minor this may sound harsh but, I am sure that you know better. Based upon my background I tend to be pretty firm and I will not pull any punches here. You should rightly be prepared to deal with the consequences. I am assuming that you FOUND this iphone near the school so you had several options such as turning the iphone over to a School Safety Agent or even the Main Office. But, you took the selfish path for your own personal gain. The best you can hope for is that you LEARN something from this experience and get your life on track before it is too late. Good luck.

3. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . Prepare for serious disciplinary action by the school. The school is not bound by the same standards for proof that a criminal prosecution requires. You are subject to school discipline even if your statement about finding the phone-- as posted here -- is believed.