If I filed a sexual harassment/assault law suit against a company what are my chances of winning?

Asked about 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

My boss constantly makes sexual comments and advances towards me. I have asked him to stop multiple times and he never did. He always claimed he was "joking" even though he would watch me bend over and pick things up, ask me to lift up my shirt, ask details about what underwear I was wearing that day, ask me to sit in his lap or give him a hug, etc. I am now hesitant to work with men and uncomfortable with myself physically around the opposite sex. He also fired me today after I put in my two week's notice two days ago. I would like to sue the company for emotional damage.

1. Darrel S Jackson

Pro

5

Answered . I am very sorry about what you experienced. You should consult with an employment attorney to get a careful evaluation of your situation. You may have a viable claim for sexual harassment, but a number of factors must be considered.

2. Debra Vera Jennings

Pro

3

Answered . I agree with Mr. Jackson and suggest you locate an attorney licensed in Kentucky.

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . I am not licensed to practice law in your state, but if you were a client in Texas I would recommend that you set an appointment with an attorney who specializes in employment law and sexual harassment cases. Then after a thorough review of all of the facts, they can give you an opinion as to whether you have a viable claim, and what procedural steps you should take. Most attorneys handle these cases on a contingency percentage fee, taking a percentage of the recovery. There are no hourly fees and most attorneys do not charge anything for an initial appointment to discuss your case.