If I file for a modification to a time sharing agreement and change my mind, what do I do?

Asked 3 months ago - Winter Haven, FL

I filed for a modification to a timesharing agreement and then we went to court for contempt. In that hearing the time sharing was adjusted and it works for me. I didn't receive a counter petition until after the hearing for contempt and I don't want to change what was ordered in the contempt. Now I don't not need or want to change the current time sharing. Do I have to cancel or withdrawal it? Or do I just not call to set a hearing for it? They won't enforce his counter petition just because I didn't respond, will they?

1. Cynthia June Bosco

2

Answered . I would talk to your former spouse about mutually dismissing your petitions. If you just dismiss yours, his will still be pending. Furthermore, if you don't respond, a default could be entered against you which may lead to an adverse decision. If you can't resolve it with your ex, you will want to contact an attorney since there are many issues pending that could adversely affect you.

2. Ophelia Genarina Bernal-Mora

Pro

1

Answered . You need to address BOTH your petition and his counter petition. If you just dismiss yours then his remains and can be litigated.