Skip to main content

If I file for a legal separation from my husband can I file as head of household?

Midlothian, TX |

We were married in Feb 2009 and are no longer living together. Can I file as head of household for 2009 if I file for legal separation?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. There is no legal separation in Texas. Your options for filing will be married, separate, or married, joint.

    I would consult a CPA on whether you can claim head of household.

    Good luck.

Divorce topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics