If I file bankruptcy will the eviction be removed from my credit

Asked almost 3 years ago - Glendale, AZ

had a boyfriend who got the apart on his name and mine dnt knw what the manager and him did but we got the place I never gave my ss or anything there was a problem in the apartment we moced out they had an attorney who will be calling I was so naive when he ask me for my ss I gave it to him so now its on my credit and boyfriend was not legal here in usa. So knw I wnt to fix it and I cant that manager no longer wrks their and the manager who is in charge now says they dnt keep files when is 4 years past

1. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . Bankruptcy does not remove negative items from your credit. Bankruptcy can discharge the obligation to pay the debt but does not make the past report about the debt disappear.

Hope this perspective helps!

2. John Gerth Merna

Pro

Answered . I agree with the prior attorney. The eviction record shows up under the "Public Records" section of the credit report where it is reporting the results of judgments. While the bankruptcy will eliminate your obligation to pay the judgment, it will not remove this notation on your credit report. The notation will come off after the 7 year period for reporting negative credit passes.

3. Pierre George Basmaji

Answered . No, it will not.