If I file bankruptcy will that stay an arrest warrant that I already have for me because of failure to pay a no insurance fine

Asked 12 months ago - Quincy, IL

1. Kevin Benjamin

2

Answered . If you file bankruptcy the automatic stay does not stop criminal matters. You have a warrant for arrest for not paying a fine or a warrant for arrest for not showing up at a citation to discover assets and failing to show for a rule to show cause?

2. Judy A. Goldstein

2

Answered . Filing bankruptcy does not stay criminal proceedings.

3. Marc Gregory Wagman

1

Answered . No the bankruptcy stay does not apply to a criminal warrant. I.E. Criminal matters....