If i file a restraining kick out on my step daugther does it mean i can come with in 100 ft of her

Antioch, CA |

but she cant come within 100 ft of me is that true that what the judge told us in court

1. If your RO states that she can't come within 100 feet of you, you shouldn't come within 100 feet of her either. Incidental contact is not generally considered a violation.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

2. I am unaware of your particular facts concerning your reason for your restraining order. If you have valid reasons and the judge does give you such an award, your step-daughter would not be able to come within 100 yards of you. Obviously, it would be inappropriate for you to go within 100 yards of your step-daughter forcing her into a position of being in violation of the Order.

I hope this is helpful.
    John N. Kitta
    Fremont

This participating Attorney does not warrant any information provided, nor are we creating an Attorney-Client relationship by providing said information to you on this site. Nothing contained herein is intended to constitute, offer, induce, promise, or contract of any kind. The content provided is presented as a courtesy to be used only for informational purposes and is not represented to be error free. The Law Offices of John N. Kitta makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to its answer to inquiries, and such representations and warranties are being expressly disclaimed. Given limited facts, we are attempting to share relevant information concerning this area of the law as a public service.

Domestic violence topics