If i file a restraining kick out on my step daugther does it mean i can come with in 100 ft of her

Asked over 1 year ago - Antioch, CA

but she cant come within 100 ft of me is that true that what the judge told us in court

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

4

9

Answered . If your RO states that she can't come within 100 feet of you, you shouldn't come within 100 feet of her either. Incidental contact is not generally considered a violation.

2. John Noah Kitta

1

Answered . I am unaware of your particular facts concerning your reason for your restraining order. If you have valid reasons and the judge does give you such an award, your step-daughter would not be able to come within 100 yards of you. Obviously, it would be inappropriate for you to go within 100 yards of your step-daughter forcing her into a position of being in violation of the Order.

I hope this is helpful.
    John N. Kitta
    Fremont