If I feel as though I have been discriminated against because of a work injury what can I do?

Asked 9 months ago - Pittsburgh, PA

I was first separated from other employee's and basically told not to talk to anyone. Another employee was pulled in the office that I was talking to and told that there was way too much work for her to be talking. Basically stop talking to her. Could this be harassment? I consider it that they have made it a hostile environment. I've been denied positions that they have temps working in that I am qualified for.

1. Michael Lee Kraemer

1

Best Answer

Answered . When you say work injury, was there a workers compensation claim? If there was a compensation claim and they are retaliating against you, you need an attorney (like me) ASAP.

Best,

2. Christine C McCall

Pro

1

Answered . These facts as you have summarized them do not meet the legal definitions of unlawful workplace harassment, hostile environment, or unlawful discrimination.

You can be terminated if you do not comply with the instructions of your manager.