If I feel as though I have been discriminated against because of a work injury what can I do?

Pittsburgh, PA |

I was first separated from other employee's and basically told not to talk to anyone. Another employee was pulled in the office that I was talking to and told that there was way too much work for her to be talking. Basically stop talking to her. Could this be harassment? I consider it that they have made it a hostile environment. I've been denied positions that they have temps working in that I am qualified for.

When you say work injury, was there a workers compensation claim? If there was a compensation claim and they are retaliating against you, you need an attorney (like me) ASAP.

Best,

Kraemer, Manes & Associates LLC ("KM&A") and Avvo make it clear that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only (i.e. this is not legal advice) and do not establish an attorney-client relationship nor are any communications privileged. At KM&A, we devote our practice to Employment, Business, and Litigation. Employment includes discrimination based upon age, disability, gender, sexual harassment, race, national original, overtime, unpaid wages, military service, among other things. Business includes representation of small business for all types of matters as well as minority-majority shareholder disputes. Litigation includes all types of civil litigation across Pennsylvania. Since an attorney-client relationship has not been created, you must talk to an attorney at 412-489-4162 or lawyer@lawkm.com to see if we are willing to undertake your representation and on what terms. Feel free to view our Universal Terms of Service: www.lawkm.com/clients

2. These facts as you have summarized them do not meet the legal definitions of unlawful workplace harassment, hostile environment, or unlawful discrimination.

You can be terminated if you do not comply with the instructions of your manager.

No legal advice here. READ THIS BEFORE you contact me! My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. My law firm does not provide free consultations. Please do not call or write to me with a “few questions” that require me to analyze the specific facts of your history and your license application and prescribe for you how to get a State license. Send me an email to schedule a paid Consultation for that kind of information, direction, and assistance. My law firm presently accepts cases involving State and federal licenses and permits; discipline against State and federal licenses; and disciplinary and academic challenges to universities, colleges, boarding schools, and private schools. We take cases of wrongful termination or employment discrimination only if the claims involve peace officers, universities or colleges.