If I fail a drug test in the pre trial diversion program in Georgia, can I still use a drug first offenders plea?

Asked over 1 year ago - Athens, GA

Im not sure that I failed the test, but I am being called into a meeting on a non-scheduled date with my officer and the only explanation I have is its possible I failed a test. What would happen?

1. John Arnold Steakley

2

1

Answered . Lots of things COULD happen. The answer of whether you can use your FO plea is that you would still be ELIGIBLE, but FO is never guaranteed. It's not a "right." Judges can deny it.

2. Carl Santos Cansino

1

1

Answered . The answer to your question is maybe. Cases where pre-trial diversion are not successfully completed are referred back to the prosecutor's office for disposition. So you would be eligible for treatment under the first offender program or perhaps even a plea under "conditional discharge." But as Mr. Steakley stated these types of plea are not guaranteed.