If I enter my resident alien card number on the USCIS hotline will I be drawing attention to myself?

San Antonio, TX |

I am waiting for the outcome of my criminal case to see if under immigration law, I will be deportable. I found online recently, a web site that said the USCIS web site, has an 800 number which you can call and input your resident card number to see if there are deportation proceedings against you. I put in my number and it said it was not in the system. Here's my question. By inputting my resident alien number, am I going to draw the attention of INS to me? I thought it might help me keep up with INS if there were proceedings against me at some point. Thank you in advance.

1. No. You should however consult with an immigration attorney for an opinion whether conviction of the crime for which you are charged would render you removable. You should know this BEFORE you enter into any plea agreement or go to trial.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. No but consult with an attorney ot determine if you are convicted if you can be removed.

3. I concur with my colleagues.