If I drop Contempt of Court charges, could I re-file the same ones in the future?

Asked over 1 year ago - Venice, CA

I filed for Contempt of Court re: child support. The arraignment is in a couple of weeks. If I drop the charges prior to the hearing, would I be able to re-file the same charges in the future (if needed)?

I understand this is nothing to "play" with but am considering dropping the charges but want to be able to re-file in the event the person does not follow through with paying the court orders.

1. Edna Carroll Straus

3

1

Answered . Contempt of court is never a good option. it SOUNDS good-- but it's not. That said, yes, you can drop this mess. DCSS will enforce the orders better than you can.

2. Joseph Land

1

1

Answered . So long as the petitioner is dismissed without prejudice you can.