If I drawn up a visitation agreement and have it notarized is it legally binding until visitation can be ordered?

Asked 10 months ago - Colebrook, NH

My husband and I have recently separated and the divorce has been filed, but no visitation has been established. He wants to see our daughter but I do not trust that he will being her back if I am not there supervising.
He agreed to have something notarized that he will bring our daughter back and will not try to take custody.
Im wondering if it would be legally binding.

1. Christine G. DeBernardis

Pro

2

1

Answered . if you draw up an agreement, you can ask the court to approve it. The it is an order of the court and enforceable.

That said, it seems that you have a bigger problem than the absence of an agreement. If you are worried that he won't return her, and that worry is with good cause, you may need to discuss your situation with counsel to be sure that measures are taken, and proper language is inputted into the agreement, to ensure the safety of your daughter.

2. David Scott Carron

1

1

Answered . It is as good as you will get without a judicial order.

3. Timothy George Kerrigan

Answered . It is a difficult situation, but you would be wise not to proceed any further without a lawyer on your side.