If I dont use drugs after i am sentenced for possesion, but during the first month or two fail because of past use, what happens

New Britain, CT |

in two days I will be put (sentenced hopefully) into an adult drug program for one year, coming up positive will definitely be a violation. at the rate marijuana metabolizes i will come up positive for the first two months if tested, I am not going to use obviously but am concerned about the outcome.

Nothing should happen. When you are tested for the first time when you enter the program it will give them a baseline for what is in your system at that time. Those reading will continue to decline as time goes on. As long as the THC reading continues to decline each test you are fine.

This is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. It is absolutely NOT legal advice that you should rely upon when making a decision. It is general information about the law in Connecticut. You need to consult with an attorney who will ask you all the facts necessary to give you specific legal advice for your situation.

As Attorney Black mentioned, the important thing is that numbers decrease as the weeks go by. The problems typically only occur if the numbers go in the wrong (up) direction after you get into the program.

Attorney Mark D. Colson
Colson Law Firm, LLC
40 Russ Street
Hartford, CT 06106
860.263.0055 - Tel
860.838.2822 - Fax

Attorneys Black and Colson are correct. As long as you continue to remain drug free the levels of thc in your body will decrease to zero. The only concernn would be if the levels increased over time. So be vigilant about what you do and who you do it with.