If I don't have social security number how i will file the federal tax return and the form I-864

Asked over 1 year ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

If I am a US citizen and I have a US passport as well as a US birth certificate and I left the States one year after i was born in US and lived abroad for more that 27 years and i didn't apply for SSN ever can i apply for Green card for my husband and my child without the SSN .

If I don't have social security number how she will file the federal tax return and I checked the form I-864 to find anything related to the SSN then I found a section for SSN and they put after that this word (SSN REQUIRED )

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

1

Answered . You asked this question and I told you, you will have to visit your native country and get one.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you're not in the US, you can go to the US Embassy/Consul and apply for a number.

If you're in the US, you can apply at a local SS office.

You will probably need a financial co-sponsor to sponsor your husband and child.

3. J Charles Ferrari

4

1

Answered . You need to apply for a social security number.