If i don't have house meetings with my probation officer how could he know if i moved

Asked about 1 year ago - Reston, VA

i moved two weeks ago without my p.o's permission but i keep my monthly appointment with him. how would he know

1. Jonathan Simms

Pro

4

Answered . Probation officers have the authority to make unannounced house visits and they often do. I'm not sure why you would not want to tell the probation officer that your moved. If you moved out of the jurisdiction, they are usually more than happy to transfer the probation to that location. Contact an attorney ASAP to discuss this issue.

2. Peter Anthony Jabaly

Pro

2

Answered . There are a myriad of reasons as to how your PO found out. You could have avoided this by just telling him. Now, you face serious consequences and should hire an attorney.

3. Theodor Kaplun

1

Answered . The PO can and often will make unannounced house visits, my suggestion is you speak with a criminal defense attorney before making any decisions as to what to do next.