If i don't have copy of written contract, do i have chance to get my loss pay

Asked about 1 year ago - North Hollywood, CA

have been haired as a bodyguard for some member of Saudi royal family in 0ct 2011 for period of 5 years , indicated in contract and guaranteed ,i will not loss the position or job for 5 years , after 2 months

i been told the person i was working with he doesn't need my services any more , i talk to coordinator who is in between me and the boss , what is going on ? he said don't worry i put you in other position with same pay , for three month i got paid , 4 position opened they didn't gave it to me , when i asked for my pay he told me , that prince he is crazy he killed his own sister , he doesn't want you , by the way where is your contract, they spoused to give me a copy of the contract but they tricked me and they never gave it to me , i can prove it i worked for him, more to say a

1. Neil Pedersen

1

Answered . If you can prove you had an agreement by oral testimony of your own and of other people, you can still bring a lawsuit for breach of the agreement. It is simply harder to prove the terms of the contract if you do not have the writing. It is possible that you can get a copy of the agreement during the lawsuit, but if the defendant is dishonorable, it is likely it will be destroyed or hidden from you.

Thus, proof will be your big issue.

Good luck to you.

2. Pieter M. O'Leary

1

Answered . Your question is somewhat difficult to follow. However, please be aware that in California, per Cal. Civ. Pro. § 339, you have 2 years from the breach of an oral / verbal contract to allege a claim. Find a calendar and mark the two year anniversary of your termination. Use the earliest possible date to avoid any claims you are too late in bringing your claim. Next, gather any emails, text messages, letters or other written documents that may help you prove your claim. Do you have an employee handbook, did “the Prince” or “the middle man” pay for your travel (or anything else related to your employment) that you may be able to use to support your claim? Did they reimburse you for expenses you submitted? Are there any witnesses who can support not only that there was a verbal contract, but also the terms of the contract? You need to think outside the box in terms of evidence gathering as this will be a difficult claim to prove. Good luck.

3. Michael Charles Doland

Answered . The multiple posting of your question won't get you more or better answers.
    You can sue for 2 years after breach on an oral contract.
    Collection of any judgment you obtain will be your biggest obstacle based on the facts you post.