If I don't have car insurance, was in an accident, and its was the other drivers fault, do I still have to pay?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

The other driver, who is at fault, pulled out in front of me and hit me at angle. It didn't surprise me that he had just pulled out of a bar. The problem was he turned left when CLEARLY there was a "No Left Turn" sign right in front of him. He has insurance, and I don't. Will I have to pay? He was never tested for alcohol, and was let go with a citation.

1. Nathanael Prada

5

Answered . If you are injured you should consult with a personal injury attorney in your town. You should not have to pay, but you will likely have to treat your injuries under a letter of protection. Best of luck.

Pro

5

Answered . More information is needed to evaluate a car accident case. Retain a local car accident in your state investigate.

3. Olga V. Blotnis

4

Answered . I suggest that you stop posting details about what you thought, etc., and consult a local personal injury attorney, especially if you are hurt and require medical treatment. The fact that you didn't have insurance might cause you problems with BMV, but should not have much of an effect on your personal injury case.

4. David B Pittman

Pro

4

Answered . I would consult an injury lawyer in your town to discuss this. You may indeed have a case if you were injured in the accident.