If I do not show up to court for an eviction summons, what happens next? How long do I have to get my stuff out of the home?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dacono, CO

I have heard Landlords always win, although my landlord had an agreement with me and changed her plan when she rented the house in 48 hours. I do not believe I have a chance, so feel there is no need to show up for court.

1. Stephen Clark Harkess

2

1

Answered . If you skip the hearing the landlord will get a writ of restitution 48 hours after the hearing. Then you have until the landlord can schedule an appointment with the sheriff (anywhere from a couple days to several weeks depending on the schedule of the sheriff's department) to move your stuff before it ends up on the curb.