If I do an investment in gas station and obtain E2 visa, could I obtain work permit to work in another company in USA?

Asked about 1 year ago - Tampa, FL

I'd like to manage my investment in gas station at the same time I would like to work in another company in the USA. Thank you very much.

1. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

6

Answered . As the E-2 Principal, you cannot work outside the investment vehicle for the E-2.

2. Fadi N. Minawi

5

Answered . No, you would only be eligible to work for the E-2 business. If you are married and your wife qualifies for E-2 visa, sometimes putting business in spouse's name can help in a situation like yours as a dependent spouse is eligible for a work perit.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . As my colleagues correctly point out ... you can only work at the gas station with your E-2.

4. Jay Ignacio Nunez

2

Answered . Agree with those that have already answered. Unlike the EB-5 which results in a green card, the E-2 only allows you to work at the business in which you've invested.

5. Todd Matthew Heine

Answered . How much do you have to invest? There are other options than the E2 visa if you have sufficient funds.

6. Ksenia Alexandrovna Maiorova

Answered . No, you wouldn't be able to. However, perhaps if you are married, your spouse can be the principal on your E-2 visa. As the spouse of an E-2 principal, you would be eligible to receive work authorization and would not have to work for the E-2 enterprise. There may be other strategic options to accomplish your goals as well. I would strongly suggest consulting with an immigration attorney. Best of luck!