If I divorce my husband does he stillresponsible my own debtwith credit card

Asked over 1 year ago - Monroe Township, NJ

I lost moneyon gambling andmy husband doesn't Gamble. I have recently purchaes car but lost on internet gambling and at real Casino. If I divorce my husband and file Bankcrutcy what happens to my debt?

1. Ronald Glenn Lieberman

Pro

Answered . If you file for bankruptcy, likely that debt will be discharged.

2. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

Answered . Your debt will be discharged, but if your spouse's name is on any of the accounts, the creditors can seek payment from him. Hope this perspective helps!

3. Michael J Corbin

Answered . The truth is that there are too many variables here to give a complete answer. It depends on what the divorce decree says. It depends on what kind of debt you have, whose name(s) are on it, whether these debt(s) were for "necessities," etc.