Skip to main content

If I cash a check from a bank in another state and the person who wrote me the check sues, what jurisdiction would it be in?

Seattle, WA |

If I'm given a pre-signed check for an account in another state, I fill out the rest, cash it and the person who gave me the check sues me, what jurisdiction would it be in? His court in his state where the bank resides or my court far away where I filled in the check amount and cashed it at my bank in another state from his?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


The jurisdiction is where the act was committed or where the defendant lives. That doesn't mean the plaintiff won't try and sue you there anyway.
Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer