Skip to main content

If I can continue to stay in US and work on L2-EAD when spouse returns to parent company and parent country's payroll ?

Greenwood Village, CO |
Filed under: Spousal immigration

My spouse who is on L1 Visa has to return to his parent company and its payroll in between projects. Is it possible for me to continue to stay and work in the USA for the period that he is away (6 months)?

Attorney Answers 2


If the L1 is gone for a considerable period - 6 months - he is not in valid L status even if his visa is still valid. As a derivative your status is attached to his.

Mark as helpful


Since your main beneficiary is leaving you will not be able to be in legal status as your status is attached to his.

He must be in valid legal status to confer the same valid legal status on your, you are the derivative beneficiary of his petition.


Mark as helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics