If i buy a car from someone who mislead me to believe it was in good condition can i sue?

Firebaugh, CA |

all the guy said was that it needed new tires and tags thats it. it turned out that the ac was leaking, the engine was burning oil and the clutch is messing up. also the stereo doesnt work, which he said it only needed to be connected, but it doesnt have the wiring to get it connected. the trunk lid wont stay open.

Probably. It's a small claims case if under $10,000.00 and you can bring that on your own in the area where the seller lives.

http://www.calemons.com/

I Agree with attorney Kaufman .also I miss facts here. When where how are important issues

You need to be very very careful . As a California Attorney and one of the very few that are Fraud Examiners ( CFE member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners) i receive every day alerts about new scams. . You describe in your question one of those schemes.http://sdmcduff.com and http://karamanlispowers.com

Disclaimer: The information contained in this website is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as a legal advice on any subject. No recipients of content from this site,clients or otherwise,should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the site without seeking the appropriate legal or other professional advice on the particular facts and circumstances at issue from an attorney licensed in the recipient's state. The content of this website contains general information and may not reflect current legal developments, verdicts or settlements. The Karamanlis Powers Law Offices expressly disclaims all liability in respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the contents of this website, weblogs, twitter, facebook, google+.

Did you buy the vehicle from a dealer? Or from a private party?

If it was from a dealer, what sort of warranty did you get? Was anything in writing? Unfortunately, buying a used vehicle in California can be precarious. You should probably have an attorney review the transaction to see what laws were broken, if any, during the transaction.

All states and jurisdictions have statutes that make it unlawful for any person or group of persons to hold themselves out as attorneys unless admitted and licensed to practice as an attorney at law. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free information about our qualifications and experience. This site may include information that constitutes a legal advertisement. Each of the attorneys at Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP dba AUTO FRAUD LEGAL CENTER, is licensed to practice in the State of California, and the information contained herein applies only to California. They are not licensed to practice in other states. The materials on this site are provided for informational purposes only, do not constitute legal advice, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP or any of its attorneys. There are no guarantees that the materials are correct, complete, or current. This site is not intended to create and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP and you should not rely on any information in this site without seeking the advice of an attorney. Do not send us confidential information via e-mail without first speaking with one of our lawyers and obtaining authorization to do so. E-mailing information to Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP does not create an attorney-client relationship.Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP cannot serve as your counsel in any matter unless you and our firm expressly agree in writing that we serve as your attorney. To the extent the State Bar rules require us to designate a single attorney responsible for this site, Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP designates Hallen D. Rosner as the attorney responsible for this site. California lemon laws and California used car lemon laws protect consumers. There is a California lemon lawyer available that will help answer any questions that you may have regarding CA lemon law. The California lemon attorney at Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP believes that helping consumers stay informed about their rights is an important way to prevent auto fraud and California car lemons. Our California lemon law attorney is available to help you understand your consumer rights. There is a California lemon law lawyer at Rosner, Barry & Babbitt, LLP that will explain your rights and help protect you from fraudulent car dealers.

Your message indicates the seller knew about pre-existing problems and did not disclose them. If that is the case he had a duty to disclose those problems and his failure to do so arguably constitutes fraud. Did you purchase the car from a private seller or a dealership? That will be a pretty big factor into whether you pursue this matter in small claims court or superior court. Also, how long after the purchase did the problems you mention show up? If they showed up shortly after the purchase that will help your case. If you would like to discuss this further, I invite you to call me for a free consultation. Good luck with this.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.