Skip to main content

If i bought a home and there is already someone in it,and they refuse to leave and are destroying it,what do i have to do.

Lakeland, FL |

i,m planning on purchasing the home next to mine,but it is occupied by people that are destroying it,because they know i want to get it...what can i do,and what will it cost...the police are out here constantly because of them....i need help.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You don't say if the people living there are owners or renters, but I'm guessing they are renters? Either way, if you don't yet have any legal interest in the property there is not much you can do. If the police are there constantly, you might be able to sue them for destroying your quiet enjoyment of your property, but I'm not sure that would get you the result you want, even if you were successful. You need to consult with an attorney and go over the facts in detail.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.


If I were you, I would find another house to buy.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.

Real estate topics

Recommended articles about Real estate

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer