If i become a citizen can my mother who lives in Colombia come to USA using her tourist visa and I can adjust her status?

Asked over 1 year ago - Louisville, KY

I am in the process of becoming a citizen, my mother has a tourist visa for 10 years but I take care of her sending , money every month and she will be 62 this year...

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

Answered . She should not come to the US on a tourist visa with the intent of remaining permanently.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . No.

To use a tourist visa to enter the US with the intention of becoming a permanent resident is visa fraud.

She will be required to commit a material misrepresentation (lie) at the US Consul and/or the US Border.

Don't put her through it.

It will only tak 6-9 months to do it 'right' ... ie: you become a USC, file the I-130 and she gets the immigrant visa at the US Consul.

This way she can hold her head high and not be required to lie.

3. Neil Ian Fleischer

Pro

2

Answered . That would not be a good idea. WE are appy talk to you why this is a bad idea
    www.immigrate2usa.com