If i ask to not be on probation anymore will they sentence me the max time in jail?

Asked over 1 year ago - Round Rock, TX

I have probation for 18months for a dwi, class b first offense . I was wanting to stop my probation and just sit it out but will i be assign the max time i waa originaly give wich was 6months, or could they do less?

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

4

Answered . If you voluntarily revoke, the judge can sentence you up to the maximum punishment under the original plea agreement. You may be able to reach an agreement with the DA for a lesser sentence. Otherwise, it will be the judge's decision.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

3

Answered . You need an experienced Williamson County Attorney. I have been practicing in Williamson County for 20 years and I have been able to negotiate deals for less than the maximum. What you are looking at depends on the judge and how well that you have been doing.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Williamson County DWI Lawyer
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

Answered . Ms. Jaggers and Mr. Jones are correct.

This is not a do it yourself project.

Get a good criminal defense lawyer who knows his or her way around the Williamson County system.

4. David Daniel White

Pro

Answered . The answer to your question depends largely upon which judge sentenced you in Williamson County. Feel free to intact my office for a consultation.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737