If i apply for the dream act and then get married in the process, to someone outside the u.s, would i still qualify?

New York, NY |

meaning, am not married at the present time, and i qualify for the dream act which i already apply for in may-6-2013, but i want to get married in December -21-2013, with someone outside of the u.s, who has never been in the u.s, if i do get married by that date, would i still qualify for the dream act and then bring my husband into the u.s?

1. I assume you mean DACA . Being approved for DACA does not confer on you the right to petition for a relative to enter the US.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

2. No, sorry.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. There is no such a thing as a DREAM Act in the active law in the USA. IF you are referring to DACA, it carrying no limitation on your ability to marry and no immigration benefit benefit to that spouse regardless of the nationality.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.