If i apply for the dream act/ deffered action and dont get accepted can i get deported?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Joliet, IL

At an information session for dream act applicants a lawyer said that if on your application to the current place you work at you checked the box of being a US Citizen with you not being a Citizen you can get in big trouble (deported). I am debating whether I should still apply or not because i do not remember if i put that or not.

1. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . It will likely not get you deported. We have been told that information that DACA applicants provide will not be used against themselves or their family members unless they are a fugitive, or something very serious, for example.

You should consider scheduling a consultation to learn further.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  2. Ala M. Hamayel

2

Answered . You false claim to citizenship does not bar you from applying for DACA. DHS will evaluate your petition and make a decision based on many factors. False claims to citizenship is not a good thing; but for DACA purposes, it is not a bar.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . I agree with my colleague.