If i apply for the dream act/ deffered action and dont get accepted can i get deported?

Joliet, IL |

At an information session for dream act applicants a lawyer said that if on your application to the current place you work at you checked the box of being a US Citizen with you not being a Citizen you can get in big trouble (deported). I am debating whether I should still apply or not because i do not remember if i put that or not.

You false claim to citizenship does not bar you from applying for DACA. DHS will evaluate your petition and make a decision based on many factors. False claims to citizenship is not a good thing; but for DACA purposes, it is not a bar.

This information is intended as general information only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between me and the asker.

I agree with my colleague.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

It will likely not get you deported. We have been told that information that DACA applicants provide will not be used against themselves or their family members unless they are a fugitive, or something very serious, for example.

You should consider scheduling a consultation to learn further.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.