If I apply for Canadian secret security clearance, will they discover that my former employer is under investigation in the U.S?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

There's an ongoing federal investigation into a company I used to work at in the USA. If I apply for secret security clearance in Canada, will they discover that my old company is under investigation?

1. Dana Whitney Atchley

1

Answered . This isn't really a legal question; however, let me answer with a question: what do you think the odds are that they'll find out about the investigation of your former employer? Perhaps more to the point, what do you think will happen to your clearance if you don't tell them about the investigation and they end up finding out about it anyway? I'm going to guess that the odds of getting your security clearance under those conditions are rather small.

2. Vincent Peter White

1

Answered . Probably, but to receive any realistically accurate answer you should ask a Canadian licensed attorney.