If i apply for an employer sponsored green card under EB-2 or EB-3 category,will i get a conditional green card or permanent one

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

i have working experience of 2.5 years in a top reputed company.am i eligible to apply under EB-2 or EB-3 category?.if not after how much time will i become eligible.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Whether you are eligible for EB-2 or EB-3 category depends on the job offer, it's education and experience requirements and whether or not you'll qualify. Just note that you cannot use the experience you gained with the petitions employer, as the law views that as "unfair" to the US applicants for the same job.

    If approved, you'll get a permanent green card status with no conditions. The card itself will be issued in 10 year increments, but you'll become a citizen in much less than that.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  2. Robert Louis Brown


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You will receive a ten year card without conditions.


  3. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Permanent.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  4. Lalita Haran

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . A lot of information is required before it can be said what category you would qualify for i.e. EB@ OR EB-3. In fact it is your employment position and employer requirements that determine this and how the employee qualification matches that requirement. So, being overqualified for a position is no benefit to the employee and being under qualified could actually have a negative effect on the approval of the petition. I hope you consult an experienced attorney who can advice you on whether your position is suitable to the appropriate category.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St. Ste. 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

    Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,404 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,404 answers this week

2,738 attorneys answering