If I am under investigation by the police and I think there is a grand jury indictment, should I have an investigator

Chicago, IL |

interviewing potential witnesses in the meantime? It has been 5 months and I heard nothing, but I read that this is a good idea because I will have there testimony and can prepare defense.

Reply to Mr. Lowther - This is a state investigation, for possible mortgage fraud. I am innocent, but because we had so much activity, the mortgage fraud task force decided we needed looking into. I think that if the state is going to investigate and interrogate, then so should I.

1. The short answer is an unequivocal yes. Is this a state or federal investigation?

Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.
    NATIONAL FEDERAL DEFENSE GROUP
    jlowther@nationalfederaldefense.com
    http://www.NationalFederalDefense.com
    866.380.1782

2. I strongly suggest that you retain an attorney familiar with the defense of this potentially very complicated type of case, and that you let the attorney choose and supervise the investigator. I would not turn an investigator loose without a knowledgable attorney in charge. It is a very unwise idea for you to try to prepare your own defense.

3. You commented a question of how to proceed, the answer is simple, hire a layer that knows how to handle these investigations, and keep you mouth shut.

STOP posting things in a public forum and hire an attorney before you go to jail.

4. You should have an attorney right now.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

5. If the grand jury had actually returned an indictment, you would have been notified to appear at an arraignment and bond hearing. Most likely it is grand jury investigation, which typically does result in the return of an indictment. You should immediately retain an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you. He/she can decide whether any investigation needs to be conducted on your behaslf at this juncture. Most of us provide free consultation. www.galivanlaw.net