If i am under court supervision in IL, and than get a ticket for not stopping at at a stop sign, what will happen to my license?

Asked over 4 years ago - Joliet, IL

court supervision for a year after receiving a Zero tolerence "ticket"

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Geting another violation during the time you are on court supervision can result in your fine simply being collected up to your licence being suspended

That is really what the 2008 amendment in Illinois about zero tolerance was trying to instill.

Your post does not say, but it is routine for the terms of supervision to include staying free from any moving violations until your supervision term expires.

It's not a great idea to represent yourself in court. You do, however, have the constitutional right to do so. I would recommend spending an entire day in the traffic court to observe how judges handle self-represented defendants to get an idea of how irritated they get at amateur lawyering. If you really want to represent yourself, you should purchase an hour of an attorney's time to have her or him coach you on how to handle things.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "Pro Se: Why Risk It?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/pro-se--wh...

A better choice is simply to hire an attorney.

You might find my Legal Guide helpful "What Do I Tell My Lawyer?"

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/what-do-i-...

Good luck to you.

God bless.

NOTE: This observation is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. This observation is not like a communication with a lawyer with whom you have an attorney-client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides.