Skip to main content

If I am the custodial parent, and there are no general vistation rules, do I HAVE to let my children go with their father?

Abilene, TX |

The court order states that I have custody of the children and that visitation is by "mutual agreement only" do I still have to let my children go if they do not want to? And there are also rules stating that he cannot be drinking 24 hrs prior, during, etc and he drinks everyday, so he cant just come take them can he? They do not want to go with him and would not be safe with him.

Attorney Answers 1


Follow the terms of the court order. If there's no visitation ordered except by mutual agreement, and you don't agree, (for whatever reason), then he has no visitation rights to enforce.

Mark as helpful

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics