If I am sponsoring my husband , do I put a " 0 " in section 21c on form I - 864 Affidavit of Support ?

Austin, TX |

For Immigration form I - 864 ( Affidavit of Support ) , question 21 , if I am sponsoring my husband ( so I am putting a " 1 " in 21 a ) , do I put a " 1 " in 21c where it says to put a 1 if you are married ? The reason why this is confusing is because it says not to list anyone twice .

If you placed a "1" in box 21a, (Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit) and then you place a "1" in Box 21c , (Persons you are not sponsoring in this affidavit), when you answer box 21h, the total would equal 2. Clearly you would be counting the person you are sponsoring twice (your husband) twice. Therefore, I do not recommend that you fill in "1" in box 21c. I hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance to you and your husband. Good luck. Tony Diaz

2. question 21 , if I am sponsoring my husband ( so I am putting a " 1 " in 21 a ) , do I put a " 1 " in 21c -no as you do not want to count him twice

3. I concur with other attorney's answer.

visit: www.attorneyraphael.com or call 440-610-9698 The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. You should not count him twice, so enter 0.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500