If i am paying child support.Have split custody of the children.should i still have to pay childcare cost?

Asked 12 months ago - Saint Louis, MO

my divorce papers do say 50% health cost and exraordinary cost.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Aaron Scott Hill

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyer agrees

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Health costs are medical bills not daycare, extraordinary costs may be things like summer camps, senior trips, or sports type of costs. You probably want to consult your lawyer to get the clearest understanding of this though.

    Every legal matter is fact specific, and there are often nuances in every case. This is intended for comment only,... more
  2. Mark Dean


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Have a lawyer look at your papers and advise. As the others have hinted at "extraordinary costs" could be anything--and it well might be defined elsewhere in your paperwork.

    The contents of this post do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Any comments made in this post are... more
  3. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . "Extraordinary cost" is not a term of art. In the courts where I practice, that provision would be considered too ambiguous to enforce. It is possible, however, that it has been assigned more particular meaning in your state, or in the court that entered the order. To know for sure, consult with a local experienced family law practitioner.

    Best wishes for an outcome you can accept, and please remember to designate a best answer.

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,335 answers this week

3,227 attorneys answering