If I am on probation for a speeding ticket, is it necessary for me to report a red light camera ticket to my probation office?

Asked 7 months ago - Saint Louis, MO

I may or may not have gotten a ticket, but I want to know if I need to inform the probation officer about this as it is an infraction. Thanks

1. Matthew S. Chase

Pro

1

Answered . Always err on the side of telling, rather than withholding. A red light camera ticket does not carry points, but I would tell my probation officer if I got so much as a parking ticket. Let them determine the importance.

Keep a record of such communications. Send an email. That way, it won't waste too much of their time and you'll have a paper trail (electronic is fine) of compliance.

2. Robert Edward Caldwell Jr.

Answered . Absolutely. For one, you are required. Two, it shows you are trying to abide by the rules. That will go far if you ever slip up.

3. Andrea R. Rogers

Answered . Report the red light camera ticket, but since it's a non-moving violation, it won't affect your probation.

4. Melvin G. Franke

Answered . No probably not