If i am on felony deferred adjudication probation, do i have to put down that i have a felony conviction on a job application?

Arlington, TX |
Filed under: Felony crime

I am currently on deferred adjudication felony probation for four years, for a 3rd degree felony

There is no law requiring that you disclose criminal history, at least for most general jobs. Moreover, because you are on deferred, you do not have a felony conviction - and never will as long as you complete the probation.

If the application asks if you have ever been arrested, ever been prosecuted, ever had adult probation - those are all yes if you are being truthful. The problem you run into is that if you lie and they run a criminal history on you and find out about the deferred, then you will not get the job for sure.

Although I have answered the question to try to help you, you should consult with a lawyer in your area in person on the matter. In addition, my answer does not establish an attorney-client relationship between us.

So long as you are currently on your deferred, you do not have a conviction. You have open charges, but as soon as you successfully complete the deferred, the charges will be dismissed. So if the question is felony convictions, the truthful answer is 'no.' But if the question is arrests/charges, then the truthful answer is 'yes.'