If i am not properly served a subpoena do i have to appear

Asked almost 2 years ago - Newport News, VA

Im a victim in dv case and i dont want to testify or press charges i cant remember all the details of what occured that day. I dont want to get in any trouble.i miscarried 3 babies prior to this dv situation and i am severly depressed im on depression medicine and sometimes cant remember things that happened yesterday and this happened over 7 months ago. I need help!

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

2

Answered . You need to reveal in what way you think service of subpoena was improper.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

1

Answered . Having read your added comments I would caution you that "tacking" or leaving the subpoena with another person might well be adequate service. Never fail to show for a hearing without consulting an attorney. Ducking a subpoena rarely works out for the best. Failing to show up can be a disaster.