If i am found guilty of dui will my rights to travel abroad/canada be suspendeed?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Boston, MA

did not blow breathalizer. did not hit anything. caught speeding.

1. Gregory Casale

2

1

Answered . If found guilty, your terms of probation will probably limit your ability to travel out of state/country. Have your attorney ask the court for permission at the time of sentencing. However, why are you giving up so quickly to a guilty verdict. The breath test is a major piece of evidence in an OUI prosecution. If you did not provide one, you may bery well be found not guilty if you challenge the charge. There is no cost to consult with me. I would encourage you to call and let me hear the facts before you put yourself in a bad position. Please check out my web site for more information on OUI charges and read the testimonials of people who I have represented. You only have one chance to get this right. Don't blow it.

2. Henry Lebensbaum

2

1

Answered . It depends on the conditions of your probation.

3. Phil A. Taylor

2

1

Answered . Yes, while your terms of probation, if any, may address travel abroad, Canada may not permit you to enter the country. I suggest contacting the Canadian Consulate office to inquire as to what types of criminal records would prevent you access to the country.

DISCLAIMER: This answer is provided in response to a "hypothetical" question and provided for general, informational purposes and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The information presented is not legal advice and may change based additional information and research. It is recommended that you speak to an attorney to discuss your specific legal issues.

4. Brian E. Simoneau

2

Answered . Yes. In Canada, first offense OUI is considered a felony and Canada routinely denies Americans entry because of a first offense OUI. Visit my website for more information.

5. Karyn T. Missimer

2

1

Answered . Please see my answers to previous, similar questions:

http://www.avvo.com/search/answer_search?q=Cana...

Good luck!